As in any capital, personal safety is an important consideration. Therefore:
- Exchange your money only in exchange houses in airports or authorized banking agencies. Do not accept help from strangers, such as porters and agents in airports.
- Only use official taxi stands or taxis from the cooperatives recommended by the event organizer. Always keep the windows of your vehicle up, particularly at night, and always ask your cab driver to keep valuable belongings, such as laptops in the trunk.
- Always keep your belongings in sight, particularly in open areas, like restaurants, snack bars, parks and even in the event’s venue. Don’t let purses, bags or cameras hanging on chairs or on the floor.
- Don’t disclose your personal data to unknown persons, and avoid carrying passports and travelers checks when you go for a walk or a drive. In the event of a loss, theft or robbery, report the fact immediately to the local police.
- Don’t wear expensive-looking jewelry and watches. The same applies to large amounts of money; try to have the right amount separated in advance for small expenses.
- For your peace of mind, use the hotel’s safe to keep valuable objects and your documents, passport and airplane tickets, and use photocopies of your documents when you go out.
- If you go out for a walk or to public and open areas, keep your belongings near your body and avoid going out alone. Please refrain from going out on the streets carrying your notebook or other electronic devices.
- If you need to go to an ATM machine, preferably use those located in malls (shopping centers) or banks. Avoid cash machines on streets or dark places. If you need help, always ask an employee of the bank.